FLARC General Meeting Minutes Tuesday November 16, 2021 via Zoom
Program: Update on Activities in Dane County ARES
Presenter Jeff Fillian KC9UNZ Dane County ARES Emergency Coordinator
Called to order by: Thomas AC9BJ
Meeting Minutes recorded by :Carolyn NQ9A
October 19 2021 minutes read by: Carolyn NQ9A-call sign corrections made for AB1YW AND WN9GOC
Treasurers’ report from Andy AC9CB :Andy presented the budget for 2022 and it will be voted on to be approved at the next month at the Dec.21, 2021 meeting .
Our current balance is $6499.66 included recently paid dues
David- Manning KD9TRV: David recently started hiking/backpacking and intends to use his newly acquired technician license and equipment for communications while on the trail., and asked members to share any suggestions that would help him get started with doing this
1)Christmas Party – It was announced that the board voted that we would not have a Christmas party this year due to continuing high numbers of Covid-19 infections, and hospitals are operating at near capacity .
2) “Special optional attire “ for the December 21, 2021 meeting -in honor of the holiday season members are invited to wear silly hats, or ugly sweaters during the Zoom meeting
3)Reminder for quorums needed at the next two meetings. - -A membership quorum will be needed at the Dec.21,2021 meeting to vote on the budget and one will also be needed at the January 18,2022 meeting to vote for the Board of Directors for 2022. Members asked to attend if they can to help meet the quorum.
Upcoming Meetings/Programs :
- December 21, 2021 meeting – No program scheduled . 1)We will vote on the budget presented in November 2)We will have nominations for the 2022 FLARC Board of Directors
- January 18, 2022. Meeting –1)Program : Antique Tube Radio Restoration interfaced with I-devices- blue tooth , I pad, iPhone. Presenter Phil Carlson WB0CLI . 2)Complete nominations for the 2022 FLARC Board of Directors and vote
- February 15, 2022 Meeting Program :APRS and TNC Presenter: Marc Bellazzini N9WIB
- March 15 ,2022 Meeting Program :Caving and Ham Radio Sam Rowe KG9NG