FLARC General Meeting Minutes Tuesday July 20, 2021 7:30 pm via Zoom
Program :Digital Mobile Radio
Presenter :Scott Strain KC9TTF
Scott Strain, KC9TTF worked for local, state and federal criminal justice agencies and for the insurance industry. His interest in radio began in 1962 when he and his father constructed a pair of Knight-Kit C-100 walkie-talkies. After retirement he pursued ham radio, becoming KC9TTF. In addition to radios covering HF, VHF and UHF, Scott has Digital Mobile Radio rigs Bridge Com 878 and SkyBridge.
Called to order by: Thomas AC9BJ
Meeting Minutes recorded by :Carolyn NQ9A
June 2021 minutes read by: Carolyn NQ9A-
Addition to June minutes: Show and Tell: Thomas. AB1YW brought his Yaesu FT 818 Go kit minus the coax
Treasurers’ report Andy AC9CB
FLARC Account Balance: $6359.17
FIELD DAY 2021. FLARC Members who participated in Field Day 2021:
Mathew KD9DZT, Thomas AC9BJ, Carolyn NQ9A, Carlie KC9CZG, Barry K8SD,Sam KG9NG, Paulette WB9VHF,
Upcoming Meetings/Programs :
FLARC’s Annual Fox Hunt –Tuesday Aug 17 , 2021 7:00 pm
- On Foot Fox Hunt at Garner Park 333 S. Rosa Rd Madison, WI 53705
- Mathew KD9DZT winner of the 2019 Fox Hunt will be the fox and hide the transmitter
- Will meet in the park shelter at 7:00 pm
- Note :There is no regular FLARC meeting this month due to the Fox Hunt!
- Communication via 2m simplex
- Bring fox hunting equipment if you have it if you have it. If you don’t , we will be organizing small groups of hunters .
- Please wear face masks